It’s perfectly normal to be a little fearful of the dentist. In fact, most people admit to having at least some apprehension when it comes to dental care. That’s why our team is dedicated to relieving dental anxiety in Glendale. As our patient, you can expect us to:We want to help you get back on the road to health Read Transcript
I think that first of all just the way we handle our patients and we take time and we take care of our patients really helps be able to lower their anxiety. And yes, there's going to be those people still who come in and they're very nervous because of past experiences.
We have different sedation methods to be able to help patients, whether that be the laughing gas which people usually know the name of, or that being an oral sedative to give them the night before and then the day they come to be able to help relieve some of that anxiety. But I think the biggest thing that we do to help relieve anxiety is just basically sitting there and talking to our patients, getting to know them, and letting them know that we're here to help them, we're not here to hurt them.
We love what we do. We love taking care of our patients. We give very gentle anesthesia. So with giving a shot a lot of people don't like shots, we have numbing gel that we place first and sort of let it sit on your gums to help it so that when we do insert the needle that there's very minimal to no pain. A lot of patients will come in here and say doc, I didn't feel nothing at all when you numbed me, and that brings me great relief because I know how many people are afraid of getting a shot. We've really worked hard on that, not only myself but also my other doctors, to be able to do that for our patients.
So if you haven't come to the dentist due to anxiety due, due to you being just sort of worrying and being scared, then come on in, let us be able to help you and help you be able to relieve some of those fears that you had so we can get you back on a healthy path taking care of your oral healthcare.
- Listen intently to your needs
- Answer all your questions fully
- Make sure you completely understand your treatment
- Provide gentle dental care
For the most compassionate dental care imaginable, call Italian Smiles today at 602-857-9945 to schedule an appointment. Our office is especially convenient for people in the 85053, 85302, 85308, 85382, and 85383 ZIP codes.
Feel at Home With Our Care
Our staff is trained to provide a gentle and comforting level of care at all times. You’ll never feel rushed here, and if you need to take a break during your treatment, just let us know and we’ll accommodate you. In addition, we use The Wand® for local anesthetic. A syringe isn’t needed, so you don’t have to worry about a huge needle.
To make sure you’re comfortable, we offer several cozy patient amenities, including:
- Massage chairs for an all-over feeling of relaxation
- Soft pillows for head and neck support
- Blankets to chase away any chill
- Soft music to help you unwind
Enjoy Your Visit With Your Choice of Sedation Options
We fully understand that some patients need a little extra help when it comes to relaxing at the dentist. To ease your anxiety, we offer you two soothing sedation options:
- Inhaled Sedation – You’ll breathe in sweet-smelling laughing gas through a comfortable mask. In moments, you’ll begin to feel relaxed from head to toe. The sedative wears off just as quickly once the gas is removed, and you’ll feel like yourself in no time.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – We’ll prescribe a small pill for you to take ahead of time. By the time your procedure begins, you’ll feel completely at ease. You may even feel a little groggy. A friend or family member will need to drive you home afterward as the pill’s effects will last for several hours.