When your mouth is injured and you’re in pain, you deserve a team that is prepared to handle the challenge of repairing your smile. That’s precisely what you’ll get at Italian Smiles. Our gifted and experienced dentists and thoughtful staff members will provide you with the most effective dental experience feasible.
When you’re in pain, you might be much more distressed than usual. To calm your nerve, we can provide sedation before your treatment. We’ll go at your pace and respond to any questions you have about your dental care. We intend to make sure you’re as relaxed as possible.
When you come in for your dental emergency, we’ll examine you and advise dental care to end your pain and get your smile back on track. Below are a few types of dental emergencies we commonly deal with, in addition to steps you can take before you come to our office:
- Toothache— Wash your mouth with warm water. Apply ice or a cool compress to your cheek to stop pain and to reduce swelling.
- Knocked-Out Tooth — If you can find the tooth, pick it up by the crown (the part that can be seen when you smile). Place the tooth in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva. Bring it to the office with you.
- Fractured or Broken Tooth — Use ice to relieve discomfort and swelling. Remember to bring any kind of broken pieces with you to our office.
- Lost Filling — Put a small amount of dental cement where the filling was as a short-term fix.
- Soft-Tissue Injury — Apply gauze or a moist tea bag where it’s needed to stop bleeding from your cheek, lips, gum tissues, or tongue.
- Loose Crown — Use dental adhesive or toothpaste to the inside of the crown, and try to place it back into place. Bring it with you if it will not remain in place.
- Loose or Damaged Dental Appliance — Dental wax or gauze can help keep any type of soft edges from irritating your mouth.